“The burden of leadership is heavy, but the world is a better place because of people who walked through tough times to manage people and become great leaders”. It is time to vote for track record of achievements and experience.
MY MANIFESTO by BERNARD ONOJA
Leading people is no mean task as it places one in a position of Trust, and such must be accorded the seriousness it rightly deserves.
It is with this in mind that I assure all members of the great CSSJ 96set that if given this mandate to lead this noble group, I would not take you for granted. I would always be on my toes and take all necessary steps in order not to fail you and to position this great set in it’s rightful place in our almamater and society at large.
If voted, during my tenure as your Chairman, with your support, together with my team:
SHORT TERM GOALS
Simply tagged journey of RECONCILIATION.
* Within our first 20days, we would strive to ensure all aggrieved parties (past and present) are reconciled. There might have been some issues which deeply hurt some amongst us, for such issues I would work with the aggrieved parties and deploy all resources within my power to ensure they are brought to an amicable understanding, and no better issue comes readily to mind than that of our dear Dr. O and Skello.
As we trudge the sands of time, there would be friction sometimes, but we must collectively , with great sense of respect and maturity find common ground to forge ahead. For those issues unsettled I would endeavor to do all humanly possible within my power to bring a long lasting solution to the impasse. Other aggrieved parties brought to our attention will be seriously looked into and handled headlong.
* Within the first 100days we would set up a committee to look into major amendments of our bylaws; as brought to fore by some of our mates such as IMPEACHMENT, financial memberships and other pertinent matters that NEED addressing in our laws. This will be looked into and amended as the house deems fit.
* Within the first 100days I will work with my team to ensure that a comprehensive database of this great set is updated with skills sets, welfarism with targeted intervention will be given to members on a personal level.
MID TERM GOALS.
This definitely is when the whole plan begins to crystalize and the set would take her pride of place in the greater national COJOSA platform.
This is tagged the period of CONSOLIDATION.
1. In my interaction so far with the national body, I know a lot is required in our representation. The plan is to ensure that for any national programme holding, apart from executives attending the meeting/programmes, I will ensure at least 2members of the general body are involved. This is to ensure inclusiveness and foster better interaction so that other members will be known and not just Excos, but as many of us that are willing to be involved.
2. We will help to midwife businesses based on members’ competencies in a manner that will provide sustainable income and alternative streams of income to members.
3. We will have business roundtable discussions in the group. Which will see us bringing from among us professionals periodically to train our members hence the need for a comprehensive database.
4. We will encourage and boost full participation at meetings, and monitor this through representations at the main house. I understand that the smallest unit makes the larger body what it is. So we will build grass root participation of members in states, and for states already meeting, we would encourage them and motivate them the more.
5. Welfare of members shall be of utmost concern to my team. We will work things out collectively so that nobody is left behind for our general collective good.
6. Social activities shall be organized so that we can unwind, relax and catch up. This is very important and we hope to achieve this via zonal clusters. End of year meetings and celebrations will be supported. APPROPRIATELY.
Not too long from now our 25th anniversary of leaving CSSJ will hold; I am too sure it will be A GREAT REUNION.
LONG TERM GOALS.
With this in mind, as in long term. I will surely want to leave a legacy as I have done everywhere I have served, but i know I cannot do this by myself so I implore you all to hear me out.
So i will tag this LEGACY.
The national body has done a great feat by designing and setting in motion the mechanism for a dinning hall for our school. I will really like us to take a bold initiative in this regards, may not necessarily be a dining hall but build something that will stand the test of time.
If we propose special donations/fund raising on a monthly basis from each member, say monthly donation of N3k. The concept is we are close to 200 members in our set. If 120 of us are committed to this and put in N3k monthly (at least) at the end of the month we will generate N360k, and at the end of the year we will have N4,320,000. At the end of four years it will be 17,280,000. This may not be much to some people in the house, but it isn’t small either.
That amount CAN BUILD SOMETHING at the end of the day.
Maybe not a structure, what of a Trust Fund,
or Scholarship in the name of our set?
Or maybe something, anything the house can come up with. I believe with the calibre of people we have something will materialize.
My friends, these are my plans.
I solicit your support dear friends
Vote Bernard Onoja as Chairperson of CSSJ96 set.